Last Game: 31-17 win over Chicago
Next three games:
- Sunday Oct 2 @ 49ers 4:25
- Sunday Oct 9 vs Cincinnati 4:25
- Sunday Oct 16 @ Green Bay 4:25
The Big Story:
The Eagles aren’t the only team with a promising, young quarterback. Dak Prescott has been more of a game manager than Carson Wentz, but he’s not making mistakes and is starting to make plays with his arm and his legs. And when I say game manager, I don’t mean it to be an insult, it’s actually a compliment. He’s using what he team has and taking what the opposing defense is giving him, and he’s getting early results.
The Cowboys play the 49ers on Sunday and their defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil has high praise for Dak
“Looking forward to Dak? No, I think he’s playing really well right now,” O’Neil said Tuesday. “They are an explosive offense. Very deep. Talented on the offensive line. They’ve got a great group of receivers. They’ve got some great young backs, Jason Witten at tight end, you can go on and on. So, it’s a very good offense and the quarterback’s playing really well.”
From the limited film O’Neil has watched on Prescott, he doesn’t see someone playing like a rookie.
“He’s playing like a quarterback that’s been in the league for four or five years,” he said.
What specifically has caught his eye?
“Route progressions,” O’Neil said. “How he’s getting rid of the ball. How he’s checking plays based off of looks. How he’s getting them in good run situations. How if it’s not there, he’s tucking it and running it and taking advantage of his athleticism. So, he’s beyond his years right now as far as a rookie.”
Dak also reportedly has a new girlfriend, a former Playboy Model named Dallas Nicole Parks
— Other Storylines and News
- What happens when Tony Romo is healthy again? I’ve went back and forth on this, but the smart money has Romo regaining his job when he is cleared to return, which could be on Sunday Night Football against the Eagles. If Dak keeps playing well, I’d slow play the injury to buy some time and let the situation take care of itself. However, if Dak plays at his current level, I’d have to think Romo gets his job back.
Dak continues to look like a 5-year veteran on the field and is saying all the right things off the field too
— ESPN (@espn) September 20, 2016
- Dez Bryant had an MRI yesterday on his sprained right knee, results are due back today. Starting Guard La’el Collins will miss at least 6-10 weeks with a torn ligament in his toe, according to reports. Big loss for the Cowboys, but they have depth and should be ok.
- After a slow start, rookie running back Ezekiel Elliot had a breakout game against the Bears on Sunday Night, rushing for 140 yards on 30 carries. He is 3rd in the NFL with 274 rushing yards.
— Other Stuff:
- Jerry Jones does a weekly radio hit on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas and it’s a great listen every week. The highlight of the interview is Big Jer talking about his relationship with Jay Z and Beyonce, who were at the game on Sunday Night. I know he’s the owner of the Cowboys, but I’d still love to hang out at a hotel bar and just listen to him tell stories.
— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) September 26, 2016